If you have any questions about this Policy, please call us at (800) 270 – 9123 or email us at email@example.com.
Scope and Consent
Collection of Personal Information
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of and access to our sites, applications, services and tools, and to help us personalize and improve your experience:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit the RenterUp website or use RenterUp Services, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes but is not limited to the following: data about the pages you access, computer IP address, device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, mobile network information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, and standard web log data and other information.
Information you provide to us: We may collect and store any information you enter on the RenterUp website or you provide to us in context of using our site, applications, services, or tools.
When you visit the RenterUp website or use RenterUp Services, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities. In addition, if you open a RenterUp account or use RenterUp Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your RenterUp account or give us when you use RenterUp Services.
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or social security number.
We may also collect information from or about you in other ways, such as through your contact with our customer support team, your results when you respond to a survey, and your interactions with any of our partner companies, such as our payment gateway. Additionally, for quality and training purposes or for its own protection, RenterUp may monitor or record its telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with RenterUp, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
Information from other sources: We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
When you download or use our Mobile Applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide RenterUp Services and customer support;
- process financial transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve RenterUp Services and the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our User Agreement;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize RenterUp Services, content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply use the unsubscribe link in the footer of your newsletters or other marketing communications.
When you access our website or use RenterUp Services, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively “Cookies”). We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; customize RenterUp Services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our sites and RenterUp Services.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our website and RenterUp Services.
How We Protect and Store Personal Information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in North America, Asia, Europe and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
How We Share Personal Information with Other RenterUp Users
To process your payments, we may share some of your personal information with the person or company that you are paying or that is paying you. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have sent to or received from verified RenterUp users, and whether you have verified control of a bank account are provided to other RenterUp users with whom you transact through RenterUp. In addition, this and other information may also be shared with third parties if you use these third parties to access RenterUp Services. Unless you have agreed to it, these third parties are not allowed to use this information for any purpose other than to enable RenterUp Services.
If an attempt to pay your landlord or property manager fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide your landlord with details of the unsuccessful payment. To facilitate dispute resolution, we may provide a tenant with the landlord’s contact information.
Please note that landlords, tenants, and users you exchange money from or contract with have their own privacy policies, and although RenterUp’s user agreement does not allow the other transacting party to use this information for anything other than providing RenterUp Services, RenterUp is not responsible for their actions, including their information protection practices.
We will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you using RenterUp, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with credit card rules, a subpoena, or other legal process.
How We Share Personal Information with Other Third Parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations, including payment facilitation, fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer a product. These financial institutions may only use this information to market RenterUp-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses.
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to RenterUp or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
RenterUp will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
If you open a RenterUp account directly on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a RenterUp website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application. These sites are governed by their own privacy policies and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies before providing them with personal information. RenterUp is not responsible for the content or information practices of such third parties.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and reviewing your account settings and profile. You can also close your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you close your RenterUp account, we will mark your account in our database as “Closed,” but may retain personal information from your account for a certain period of time to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our User Agreement, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.
How You Can Contact Us about Privacy Questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by calling (800) 270 – 9123 or emailing email@example.com.