Change is never fun. It’s especially not fun when it involves changing your ability to receive rent payments. Since SparkRent’s recent announcement, we have received hundreds of calls and emails about our features, capabilities, and the work involved to migrating to RenterUp. I thought it best to distill it down to 5 easy steps, which take about 120 seconds for your first property and about 60 seconds for each additional unit. To migrate from SparkRent to RenterUp, you must:
- Sign up for RenterUp. Start off by adding property information for all of your rental units.
- Add rent rules and late fees. You want to collect rent, right?
- Add tenants to each rental property. If you’d like, you can customize a personal email to each tenant to guide them through their account setup. If you rather send a pre-canned email, we have that ready for you as well.
- Add your bank account information. We do need to know where your rent should be delivered! For security purposes, we will need to verify your identity.
- Relax! RenterUp has all reminders and notifications covered.
Your tenants will receive your email about RenterUp and click through a link in that email to quickly set up their account. They will add their bank account information and verify ownership of that account to be ready for all future payments. When rent is due, they simply click “Pay Rent” in RenterUp and it’s done.
You can learn a little more HERE, or if you have questions or concerns about migrating from SparkRent to RenterUp, please don’t hesitate to call or email us. We can talk you through it!